Sweet and Sour Meatballs with pineapple chunks and green pepper make an easy family-friendly dinner.
- 26 ounces frozen, home-style Food Club meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onion, bell pepper and salt and cook until the onion turns translucent,
about 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce,
ginger, garlic powder, and 1 cup of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Pour the pineapple juice mixture into the onion and peppers and stir until combined.
- Submerge the frozen meatballs into the sauce, bring to a simmer, cover and cook until
heated through, about 8-10 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the water and mix until smooth.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the simmering meatballs and cook until the sauce is
thickened. Cook for 1 additional minute and turn off the heat.
- Stir the pineapple into the meatballs and serve over steamed white rice.